When I started my business, I was too insecure to reach out and get myself in front of influencers and their audiences. Don’t make the same mistake I did!
Nowadays I’m on the other end, receiving proposals and pitches from newer folks – and in today’s episode, I discuss five specific tips for approaching influencers successfully.
Confession: I really struggled with recording this episode because I didn’t want it to sound incredibly stuck-up :-/ My only interest is to provide a glimpse into the influencers’ position, in order to help people improve their pitches for mutually beneficial collaborations!
- Don’t even think about doing this, because you will get ignored (2:30)
- Everyone – including an influencer – LOVES receiving this type of message (4:50)
- Your proposal/pitch MUST fulfill these three criteria (6:15)
- Striking the right tone and length for your e-mail (9:15)
- What to do if you’re rejected or ignored (14:30)
- A bonus tip! (18:18)