Most entrepreneurs strike out on our own because we’re fiercely independent – but eventually we reach the point where we need to take on contractors and employees.
How can we create great companies where people can thrive? How to transition from a “solopreneur” to an employer? Today’s guest, Halelly Azulay, is an expert in crafting company culture and developing leadership. She’s sharing some great tips about people skills and strategies in building teams.
- Symptoms of poor leadership and an unhealthy company culture (7:00)
- What are some good habits that solo founders can adopt from the very first hire? (10:54)
- How to walk the fine line between giving employees freedom vs. controlling or micromanaging (18:10)
- Tips for solopreneurs afraid to pull the trigger on a first hire (25:55)
- How Halelly helped transform a department with serious interpersonal issues (30:25)