“Work ‘on’ your business, not ‘in’ your business” is a phrase that gets thrown around as entrepreneurial advice, but what does it actually mean and how should we apply it? How can you take the time to work “on” the business, anyway, if you already have tons of work on your plate? Today’s episode dives into this concept and gives you practical ways to be both a productive worker and a strategic CEO.
- What does this phrase actually mean? (1:42)
- Who should (and shouldn’t) apply this advice, and how much time should you dedicate? (3:50)
- Urgent vs. important – determining what really needs to be done “now” (7:23)
- Four different techniques for carving out time to work “on” the business (13:40)
- Why sacrificing some of your time will leave you and your business better off (18:18)