Download the MP3!
I love case studies, and if you do, too, then you’re in for a treat with this episode! Paul Fontanelli is a husband and father with a full-time job, who’s building his photography training business on the side. He offered to make his business an ongoing case study, so we can check in with him at regular intervals and find out what he’s tried, what has worked, and what hasn’t worked. In this conversation he describes how he’s invested his time in the first months of business – as well as how he FINDS the time to work on his business – and at the end of the episode I give him concrete suggestions for taking his site to the next level.
- How Paul makes time to work on his site while working full time and having a family (3:00)
- How he’s built traffic from scratch (7:00)
- Getting people from Instagram & YouTube to your actual website (11:00)
- The curse and blessing of being obsessed with stats! (15:00)
- My specific tips for Paul to get more traffic and opt-ins (21:00)
- Displaypurposes.com (helps with hashtag ideas)
- Schedugram.com (subscription site that allows you to schedule Instagram posts)
- Paul’s website and YouTube channel.
Paul Fontanelli is an entrepreneur in motion who started his business, PhotographyTV.com, in April 2016 with the website launching in September 2016. In addition to being a startup entrepreneur, Paul has a full time job as the sole income provider for his wife and 3 kids (ages 8, 6, and 4). Paul finds time to work on his online business in the evenings after the kids are in bed.
In the first phase of being an entrepreneur he has primarily focused on building his business strategy, website, and content. His business goals are to build his brand and following to eventually begin to monetize, and in the long term he has aspirations to pursue this full time. PhotographyTV is designed to educate, entertain, and inspire photographers.